In the era of technology, navigation device becomes the first preference of everyone. With the help of GPS device you can find the exact route and location across city and country. The TomTom GPS device also works in the same way and ensure you have the latest map on your device that you will get an exact location. But this a device, it has also come across with certain issue like getting a TomTom map won’t update.
So in this post we will discuss the reasons due to which tom-tom map won’t update and how to update TomTom GPS maps.
The TomTom won’t update map error can be occur if your internet connection is not stable or download is being blocked by security software like antivirus, pop up blockers and firewalls. To resolve this issue just download the map update again.
If you face any kind of error while updating TomTom maps, do the following steps:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of MyDrive Connect.
- Also sure your navigation device is connected to MyDrive Connect.
- Make sure there is a stable Internet connection.
- Make sure MyDrive Connect is allowed access to the Internet by the security software.
- Try downloading and installing the updates again using MyDrive Connect.
If all the above steps fail, try installing the updates using a different computer.
If you are unable to update maps on TomTom device, then don’t be worried. In this article we will guide how you can update TomTom maps.
How To Update TomTom GPS Maps
The developer team of TomTom regularly introduces new versions of softwares to make device performs better. So it is better to have the latest versions of TomTom maps on your vehicle to get accurate directions. Some updates, like user-submitted Map Share updates, always are free. If you want a new map, however, TomTom charges a one-time fee. Lest start how to upadte TomTom maps.
- To update TomTom software and maps, go to the official TomTom website https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/ and download the TomTom Home software program.
- Once the TomTom Home software downloaded, click on the EXE file to install it.
- Once the TomTom Home software gets installed, run the TomTom Home software.
- You will see number of functions and options to upgrade and customize your device.
- Now connect your TomTom GPS device to your computer via USB cable provided with it and turn it on. After a few seconds your computer will detect the device and asked whether to connect to your computer. Tap yes.
- If your device is new enough, you may be eligible for TomTom’s latest map guarantee that gives you one free map update within 30 days of the purchase of a new TomTom device. Our XL 340 S Live was outside of the window of opportunity.
- Now click on the Add map button. A list of available map updates will open. Select the map you want to install or update.
- After selecting the map, you will be prompted for a method of payment. Now maps will be available for downloading and installation.
- It takes around one hour to download full map update. So in the meantime, don’t unplug the device to download gets completed
- Once the new map gets installed, go to the TomTom home menu. Now select Update my Device to check for any new updates.