Read this troubleshooting guide if you can’t download and install Garmin map update or maps not updating in Garmin through Garmin Express or any other available sources.
This Troubleshooting Guide Includes:
In this troubleshooting guide, we will discuss the issues that you face while the Garmin map update and their solutions:
Garmin Map Update Failed To Download For Mac / Error Downloading Garmin Map Update
If you are facing an error while downloading Garmin Map update, it might be possible due to security software like firewall, antivirus which prevents to download Garmin map update
Garmin Map Update Failed To Download On Windows 10:
This type of error mainly you face when you try to update windows 10 firmware. Because updating windows 10 might change some files of Garmin Express software which cause such an error. The one and only solution to get rid out of this problem is to reinstall the Garmin Express Software.
No Map Update Showing On Device:
When you can’t see any map update on a Garmin device, then there are two possibilities: either the maps automatically updated on your device or you have not upgraded the update firmware due to which no map update showing on your device. Look at the issue and fix it accordingly.
Fails To Download Map Update On Garmin Device Itself
This is the last but not the least, it mainly occurs due to working on an incompatible mode, which is one of the reasons for map update not downloading on a Garmin device. To fix this issue, just change your Garmin device from MTP to mass storage mode.
Maps Not Updating in Garmin?
Error Downloading Garmin Map Update On Mac
These are the reasons which are responsible for ‘Garmin map update won’t download’ error:
- Old Version Mac OS
- Corrupt Garmin Express Program
- Poor Internet Connectivity
- Insufficient Space in Garmin Device, Micro SD Card or CD.
- Install latest version of Mac OS.
- If you have already done, then scan Garmin Express Program
- If any issue finds while scanning, then delete the Garmin Express Program and download it again from a secured server.
- After download completes reinstall it again.
- Please make sure the device has enough space to download the file.
- If space is low or insufficient for the Garmin Map update file, then create space or either change the source location.
While downloading Garmin Map update if it stuck due to network problem, then do the following steps to fix it.
- Restart your router or modem and try again downloading the Garmin map update.
- Second is to reset the router or modem. Do this only if you have knowledge how to step router or modem. Otherwise, consult with your ISP.
AGAIN TRY DOWNLOADING GARMIN MAP UPDATE!!
- If the issue still exists, check your internet connection.
- Make sure you have stable internet connection. And also ensure it has proper speed.
- You can also take your device close to the router, sometimes signals also loses due to long distance.
- If still your Garmin map update fails, go to Download to your PC and delete the partially downloaded Garmin Map update file.
It is very important because sometimes partially downloaded file also prevents from proper downloading.
If still your issue is not fixed and you can’t download Garmin map update then take help form our GPS Experts to fix this issue.
Downloading Error While Garmin Map Update On Windows 7, 8 and 10
There are three possibilities when a Garmin map update fails to download.
- The Garmin Express Software is not working.
- Garmin Map Update takes too much time to download.
- You get an error message: “Can’t Download Maps update through Garmin Express”.
In above all the situations you need to do the following troubleshooting to fix it.
The Garmin Express Software is not working.
- Please make sure you have not updated the Windows version recently. Because it might be possible that after windows updating there may be a change in the files of the Garmin Express Software due to which Garmin Express not Working on Windows 10, 8 and 7.
- If you have update the window to latest version recently then do the following things:
- Uninstall the Garmin Express Software: Go to the Control Panel> Programs And Features> Uninstall Program.
- Select Garmin Express from the list and uninstall it.
- Once the Garmin Express gets uninstalled, scan your Garmin Express installer file.
- If file is corrupted or found suspicious then try to download the Garmin Express from a secured server and reinstall it.
Garmin Map Update takes too much time to download.
- When you cant download Garmin map update completely even after hours of wait-then, disable all the security software temporarily.
Note: This will stop the taking the time more than usual time to download map update.
You get an error message: “Can’t Download Maps update through Garmin Express”.
- Restart your PC to install any available automatic Garmin Express software update.
- If the error still exists after Express firmware updating, then restart your PC. As PC restarts, press F8 key.
- A blue window will appear on your PC screen with hardware information and memory. Now go to Advanced Options with the help of arrow keys.
- With the arrow keys, scroll down to Safe Mode> Safe Mode with Networking and then press Enter.
- Now your PC is in safe mode with networking.
- Now download Garmin Map update using the Garmin Express software .
- Please make sure there should be sufficient space on your Micro SD card to download Garmin map update. If not try to create space or use some other alternative.
No Map Update shows on Garmin Device or Software
In any case, if your Garmin map update is available and you can’t see any update for your Garmin device, then first look at your gaming Express Software.
- To begin, firstly check Garmin Express Firmware update.
Note: If you are using an old version of Garmin updater, the software not works properly.
- Next, update the system software on Garmin Nuvi with web updater.
- In case, the Garmin map update download keeps failing, then run a check disk on the device.
After doing the above steps you can download the Garmin map update on your device.
Fails To Download Map Update On Garmin Device Itself
Do the following troubleshooting steps if you fail to download map update on a Garmin device:
- Firstly disconnect your Garmin device.
- Restart your Garmin device again and switch it from MTP to Mass Storage Mode.
Note: It is necessary if you are using Windows 10, as OS doesn’t work with MTP mode.
- Open the volume screen of your GPS device. Now press and hold your finger to the upper corner of screen for at least 10 seconds.
- Now you will see developer screen
- Search for MTP settings on it, as soon as you find click on it.
- After click on MTP settings, you will see MTP Auto Detect, Mass Storage, and Mass Storage Single Session.
- Select Mass Storage and press the save button.
Now try to download the Garmin Map Update on your device.
Things To Remember While Download Garmin Map Update:
- Firstly, don’t access the device while downloading is going on.
- Secondly, do not disconnect your Garmin device from a laptop or desktop till the map update downloaded.
- When Garmin Map Update download complete, please disconnect your device from a laptop or desktop safely.
- Please make sure you have a high speed internet connection so that there should be no interruptions while downloading.